Who We Are and What We Believe______
The First Baptist Church of Evans is a fellowship of believers who profess Christ as Savior and Lord and who are committed to Him and His teachings. We believe that persons are more important than doctrine, and that freedom to express one's beliefs about God, the Bible, and the church are more important than denominational conformity. We strive to promote church intimacy which emphasizes the value of the individual.
We further believe and embrace the following:
1) All persons who profess their belief in and allegiance to Jesus Christ are welcome to become members.
2) All members are invited to use their God-given talents in the ministries of the church, and all places of service are equally honorable. In this spirit, we ordain both women and men as members of the Diaconate.
3) Worship services are joyful and reverent experiences for people to contemplate and honor God and to fellowship with each other.
4) The Bible is the inspired Word of God to be followed and serves as our authority and guide for Christian living. We worship the God of the Bible and not the Bible itself. We believe in the Priesthood of the Believer giving each person the right to interpret the Scriptures for themselves under the leadership of the Holy Spirit.
5) We believe that the role of the ministerial staff is to be the spiritual leaders and enablers of the congregation. Both the ministerial staff and the congregation share mutual responsibility and accountability for the programs and ministries of the church.
6) The Diaconate is a non-administrative body elected by the congregation to serve its ministerial needs in coordination with the pastor. The administrative duties of the church are accomplished through staff leadership and the committee process.
7) We support the mission efforts of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship as well as the Cooperative Program of the Southern Baptist Convention.
8) We recognize that from time to time members have differences, which we strive to resolve through respectful listening and open discussion.
9) Lastly we believe that our reason for being as a church is to obey Christ's commandment, namely, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind; and your neighbor as yourself" (Luke 10:27).
The vision of the First Baptist Church of Evans is to engage in an ongoing adventure of faith to glorify God and to expand the kingdom of God so that all people may know God and experience abundant life in Jesus Christ (John 10:10b). This adventure of faith will be pursued as we join with God in a holistic ministry to meet the spiritual, mental, physical, and social needs of people (Luke 2:52).