New to FBC Evans?
What We Believe
For My Family
Belong & Grow
Serve & Share
Serve & ShareThe members of the First Baptist Church of Evans follow Jesus' Great Commission to proclaim the Gospel of Christ, to make disciples, and to gather these disciples into local congregations. To us, all people matter, including those on the margins of life with whom Jesus was most often in fellowship. We care for the needs of the total person--spiritual, physical, emotional, and social.
We structure our missions outreach according to Jesus' assignment to his disciples: "You will be my witnesses in Jerusalem [our local community], and in all Judea and Samaria (our region, including those who are most often ignored and avoided], and to the ends of the earth" (Acts 1:8).
In our "Jerusalem"--Columbia County:
In our "Judea"--the Greater Augusta Community:
- We bring friendship through frequent visits and social events to residents of Assisted Living Homes, especially homes with limited services.
- Members volunteer with the food pantry, Columbia County Cares, and help provide food supplies.
- Members volunteer with Third Saturday, a monthly resource for food, haircuts, diapers, baby clothes, community resources, job resources, and health screenings.
- We provide financial and prayer support to Megiddo Dream Station, which provides intensive and effective job training to create self-sustaining families.
- We extend our ministry in the community by sharing our building with The PATH Worship Center, Alcoholics Anonymous, Al-Anon, the Columbia County Choral Society, and a pastoral counselor.
"To the ends of the earth":
- We serve as an Encourager Church to two families who minister through the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship. Chaouki and Maha Boulos minister in Lebanon and the Middle East through evangelism, leadership training, and refugee aid. Kim and Marc Wyatt offer a holistic ministry to refugees as they help them resettle in the 8-county area around Raleigh, North Carolina.
- Members support the mission enterprise and the field personnel of the Cooperative Baptist Fellowship as they engage in God's mission with and among the most neglected and least evangelized people on earth.The CBF Offering for Global Missions is their foundational means of support.
- Members support the work of missionaries through the Southern Baptist Convention. The Annie Armstrong Easter Offering supports mission work in North American, and the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering supports international missions efforts.
Copyright 2018 First Baptist Church of Evans. All
515 N. Belair Road
Evans, GA 30809